Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Definition of Life

@ Definisi Kehidupan, bukan definasi.

How do you define the word, "Life"?
Well multiple answers will come up at once. But what does it really mean?

Wikipedia states that;
"Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have self-sustaining biological processes ("alive," "living"), from those which do not [1][2] —either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as "inanimate."
This is more to what it means in general. In which all living beings have 'life' in them.

Another website defines it as;
"The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life."
This explains 'life' as 'time'.

When people say, "Get a life" or, "Hardcore gamers are boring. They don't have a life". What do they mean?
How would they explain the meaning of "Life"?

During these couple of days of emptiness, I started thinking.
What is our purpose in life? Why do we live? How should we live our life?

When I was in secondary school, I thought my reason to be there is to study for the future. To be an educated person, that qualifies to enter a higher level of education i.e. a college/university.
But all I could think of, is to do things that will make people recognize me.
To leave a mark.
A mark of my existence in that school.

Which leads me to the next question. Why do we live?
To be rich and have a large company in the world. Or to lead a great nation towards fame and fortune.
Whatever our reasons are, all of this do.. no, will not survive the sands of time.
Fortunes fade, Empires crumble, Nations fall.
One, out of thousands of people, is remembered for his or her courage, responsibility or knowledge. Others, forgotten.

I am still young. 18 and half a year, and my potential is unlimited. I can be anything. From a servant to a master. Yet, if I can't see the future, what use is it to continue this, life?

P/s: This is actually unfinished but the writer has nothing more to say.

No comments: